Jackson Pharmacy Professionals
Director of Pharmacy Opportunity in Atlanta, GA! Permanent placement.
Director of Pharmacy Position Details:
The Director of Pharmacy Operations directly or indirectly supervises all employees in the pharmacy and manages licensed pharmacists, who under the direction of a physician, compound and dispense prescribed drugs within the pharmacies.
The Director of Pharmacy Operations works with the Chief Operating Officer and Leadership Team to set the overall strategic plans, objectives and policies for the pharmacy. The Director is responsible for improving and maintaining an efficient and effective pharmacy operation. The Director is also responsible for successfully implementing new pharmacy locations as determined by the leadership team
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Motivate, lead, and mentor pharmacy team with multiple dispensing locations.
- Provide and achieve strategic goals.
- Drive changes in pharmacy dispensing processes to continuously improve quality, efficiency.
- Develop and present pharmacy strategies to increase productivity, quality, and capacity.
- Provide oversight of daily prescription dispensing and shipping at each pharmacy location and collaborating with all other departments.
- Work with team to develop more efficient and effective processes while ensuring exceptional quality.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of standard operating policies and procedures that ensure the pharmacy department provides optimal pharmaceutical services that meet all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements.
- Assists the PIC for each store and Sr. Director of Pharmacy Compliance and Contracting to coordinate timely and accurate 3rd party prescription audits responses and tracking.
- Implement and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and capacity models to ensure pharmacy operations team is well managed.
- Ensures that all pharmacy staff is currently licensed/certified/registered/insured and have adequate Continuing Education credits.
- Develop competency assessments programs that ensure all pharmacy staff performs all duties and responsibilities with utmost efficiency and safety, as well as, complies with all applicable policies, procedures and standards
- Responsible for ensuring that all state and federal regulations regarding the practice of Pharmacy are tracked and that appropriate changes are implemented as necessary to maintain compliance.
- Provide oversight of Pharmacy Managers to ensure the implementation and monitoring of purchasing procedures.
- Coordinate all purchasing with the Finance team (CFO/Controller) to ensure best pricing is attained; contract pricing within corporate limits.
- Manage all inventories to ensure that they are accurately and correctly conducted; works cooperatively with Pharmacy Manager to ensure that the inventory process is adequately staffed and efficiently carried out twice per year.
- Provides oversight of effective timely prescription reporting systems and ensure compliance with all reporting requirements for state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for successfully implementing new pharmacy locations as determined by the leadership team.
- Implement central fill/central mail services as appropriate to drive efficiency
Director of Pharmacy Experience Requirements:
- GA Pharmacist license in good standing required (or willing to obtain within 60 days)
- 5+ years of experience in health plan pharmacy services, managed care and/or retail or hospital
- 5+ years of experience managing pharmacy teams or staff
- 1+ years of experience applying clinical drug use criteria
- Pharmacy degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
If you are interested in this please apply today! We are conducting interviews ASAP!