Jackson Pharmacy Professionals is searching for a contract Hospital Pharmacist
for one of our Hospital clients in Maui, HI!
This is a full-time Hospital Pharmacist
opportunity that is perfect if you enjoy travel! The inpatient role requires prior hospital clinical experience. Top compensation!
- 3+ month contract
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Competitive travel stipend and package!
- 5- 8 hour schedule!
- 2-3+ years’ experience as a Hospital/Clinical/ IV Pharmacist
- HI License Pharmacist in good standing with the board
- BLS, PALS, ACLS required
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- 1.Analyses patient care and services needs in a manner that facilitates the achievement of both a high level of customer satisfaction and the attainment of organizational care and service initiatives.
- 2.Reviews prescribe medications and dosages to ensure that therapy is safe and effective for the patients condition. Utilizes patient profiles to identify clinically significant drug allergies and drug interactions. Processes and labels prescriptions with proper identification data and directions for patient use. Compounds and dispenses medications accurately.
- 3.Provides advice and consultation to patients regarding side effects drug interactions, specific storage requirement and complete directions for use. Monitors designated patients compliance and response to drug therapy to improve individual patient outcomes.
- 4.Routinely communicates with providers to influence the use of formulary medications in compliance with clinical protocols, target drug initiatives and pre-authorized therapeutic substitutions. Documents all clinical interventions using approved forms.
- 5.Demonstrates proficiency in operating automated systems for prescription order entry, patient profile review or retrieval of clinical or statistical data. Maintains proper records relating to medication profiles, prescription files, controlled substances records, non-formulary records and other legal and departmental record and procedures. Demonstrates proficiency with the Point of Service (POS) cash register system and cash management procedures.
- 6.Serves as a liaison to assigned clinical care team as demonstrated by problem solving skills on medication related issues, input on education matters relating to medications and fostering interdepartmental coordination on pharmaceutical care initiatives.
- 7.Maintains professional competency through attendance and participation in clinical team meetings and ACPE accredited continuing education programs. Assists in the training and education of pharmacy students and technicians.
- 8.Participates in departmental quality improvement initiatives and contributes to team or departmental projects directed toward the achievement of improved service efficiency and patient outcomes.
We will be reaching out to qualified candidates immediately so if you are interested, apply today for consideration!