Pharmacy Technician Position Summary:
Full-Time, contract Pharmacy Technician opportunity that is perfect if you are looking for a challenging new role! We are looking for a self-starter and someone that is comfortable in a fast paced environment. 2 years of recent outpatient hospital/retail experience, preferred. Pay is $12-$13/hr DOE plus medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(K) starting day 1!
Benefits of Jackson Pharmacy Professionals:
- Responsive, professional, and friendly team
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- Top compensation
- Strong network of pharmacy professionals
- Opportunities nationwide across all settings!
- 40 hour/week position for the next 13+ weeks
- 2+ years of outpatient hospital or retail experience, required
- KS Pharmacy Technician registration, required
- Immediate start date with potential for extension/perm!
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates with pharmacists and other technicians in an open, cordial manner so that information related to department operations is freely exchanged.
- Completes assigned duties completely so that co-workers are not burdened with additional responsibilities.
- Performs functions requested by the pharmacist’s in a timely manner.
- Pyxis® generated stock out bulletins and “medications not loaded” reports are addressed quickly.
- Compounds stock medications accurately as needed.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy and accountability in all controlled substance transactions.
- Conducts his or her self with the same high standards of conduct regardless of the level of supervision on the shift.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Answers phones in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Completes monthly unit inspections.
- Fills and delivers new medication orders to patient care areas without delay.
- Restocks boxes, kits and trays without being asked.
- Makes positive contributions to the departments Interdepartmental Customer Satisfaction scores.
- Completes deliveries and refill functions as quickly as possible so as to minimize time spent out of the department.
- Handles all home infusion functions as needed, including pump programming
If you are interested in this please apply today! We are conducting interviews ASAP and looking for someone to start immediately!