Hospital Pharmacy Technician Opening - Chemo Certified & PTCB Pharmacy Technician
Chemo Pharmacy Technician Position Details / Summary:
Full-Time Hospital Pharmacy Technician role that is perfect if you enjoy a clinical environment! This is an ideal position for someone with competency mixing chemo compounds. If you are a detail focused, reliable, and positive individual, this is the position for you! Top Compensation, Permanent Placement + Immediate start!
Chemo Pharmacy Technician Position Description:
- Accurately and safely selects and prepares medications for dispensing, and delivers patient medication as directed by a licensed pharmacist.
- Performs non-sterile compounding and packaging including nonhazardous and hazardous drugs.
- Mixing chemo compounds in a sterile environment
- Answers telephone calls and triages appropriately.
- Performs inspections for medication outdates.
- Assures medication needs for patient care are met through inventory management, maintenance of work areas and equipment, receiving and stocking medications and supplies throughout the pharmacy areas.
- Maintains environmental cleanliness in accordance with regulatory and policy requirements.
- Fills requests for controlled substances and accurately maintains all required records.
- Enters patient charges.
- Teaches, trains and/or mentors new employees, students and other healthcare professionals according to standard operating procedures.
- Maintains daily workflow to meet established priorities and production requirements.
- Documents activities according to hospital and department policy, and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Sustains quality and safety initiatives and practices in the department and throughout the hospital. Reports adverse drug events and medication variances using the hospital variance reporting program
- Performs sterile compounding which may include chemotherapy.
Chemo Pharmacy Technician Requirements:
- 1-3+ years’ experience as a Hospital Pharmacy Technician
- 1+ years of chemo experience required
- PTCB certification, preferred
- NM Registered Pharmacy Technician
If you are interested in this please apply today! We are conducting interviews ASAP!