Jackson Pharmacy Professionals is searching for a Contract Pharmacist for one of our Hospital clients in San Francisco CA!
This is a full time opportunity. This is a great position if you're looking for a competitive position to learn and develop your skills in a new pharmacy setting. This role is for the next 3+ months with significant potential for permanent for the right fit. We are open to local and travel candidates. Must have pediatric experience.
Inpatient Pharmacist Position Details:
- Multiple pharmacy openings available
- Day Shift
- Weekends and some holidays may be required.
- 1-2 years of hospital/clinical experience, preferred
- PharmD preferred
- Pediatric experience required
Inpatient Pharmacist Position Description:
- Provides appropriate pharmacy services and care to the following age groups: infancy, childhood, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. This care will be delivered in accordance with established standards of performance.
- Reviews, interprets and dispenses prescriptions for inpatients and registered outpatients using computerization. Ensures that overdoses or underdoses have not been prescribed and that incompatibilities or toxic compounds will not result from combining ingredients.
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients; compounds and prepares medication, emulsions, liquids, powders, and ointments using such equipment as graduates, balance, mortars, pestles, and funnels.
- Contacts and confers with physician if there are any questions or irregularities regarding medication orders or prescriptions.
- Makes regular rounds to nursing units and delivers medications.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff members concerning the availability, form, side effects, and possible incompatibilities of new as well as currently used drugs.
- Types prescription information for identification and use of medication and attaches label to the container following the general dispensing format.
- Maintains inventory and records on narcotics and other forms of drugs as required by law.
- Inspects Pharmacy inventory to ensure drugs that are outdated and/or have lost their potency are removed from stock and replaced.
- Dispenses additives for I.V. and irrigating solutions; mixes I.V. additive solutions and chemotherapy as required using aseptic technique with the laminar air flow hood.
- Organizes daily operational duties in the dispensing function. Supportive personnel including technicians and clerical subordinates are under the direction of a Pharmacist.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of clinical consults such as physician order clarification, allergy checking, gentamicin/vancomycin dosing, dosage monitoring and recommendations.
- Makes an active role in patient monitoring and is involved in patient educational programs.
- Attends required annual employee inservices, as well as any other inservice designated by the manager. Is responsible for maintaining these records.
- Responsible for teaching/training of students.
Inpatient Pharmacist Requirements:
- 1-2+ years’ experience as a Hospital Pharmacist, preferred
- CA License Pharmacist in good standing with the board
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- PGY1 Residency training, preferred
- Must pass required competency exams
- Must possess strong ethical standards
- Pediatric experience required
We will be reaching out to qualified candidates immediately so if you are interested, apply today for consideration!