Jackson Pharmacy Professionals is one of the Nation's leading Pharmacy staffing agencies and is continuing to grow! We're currently searching for a permanent Clinical Dispensing Pharmacist. This role requires 5 years of hospital pharmacy experience, 2 years in oncology as well as a minimum 1 year of supervisor/leadership experience.
Oncology Pediatric Pharmacy Supervisor Details:
- Monday-Friday, day shift
- Great benefit package plus 4 weeks of vacation
- Competitive compensation package!
- Supervisory experience is a must
Oncology Pediatric Pharmacy Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Provide daily oversight of the staff and the pharmacy operations of the Satellite Pharmacy and encourage excellence in work habits, inclusivity, maintaining the pharmacy, and customer service.
- Set the schedule for pharmacy coverage (pharmacists and technicians). Track vacation requests and approve based on staff availability. Arrange coverage when employees call in with unexpected absences. Approve weekly payroll.
- Assess daily volume and ensure adequate coverage to meet needs. Coordinate daily assignments.
- Round daily with pharmacists/technicians to address any concerns they have or issues that arise.
- Develop and implement efficient workflows within the pharmacy.
- Act as a liaison to and communicate regularly with providers, infusion nurses, charge nurses, and nursing directors and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Identify, triage, and resolve any issues related to pharmacy.
- Regularly meets with Nurse Directors and physician leadership to review any issues as they arise in the infusion and clinic areas.
- Work in conjunction with the pharmacy staff, physicians, and/or nurses when a new medication or procedure change is introduced.
- Leads the development and implementation of the pharmacy’s quality assurance and quality control activities.
- Verify that quality controls are being completed and documented daily, weekly, and monthly; identify gaps and work to remedy.
- Participate in and lead quality improvement initiatives and projects.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of pharmacy policies and procedures in collaboration with other members of the leadership team
- Staff interviewing, hiring and onboarding including oversight of orientation and training
- Provide staffing coverage as needed
Oncology Pediatric Pharmacy Supervisor Requirements:
- 5 years of hospital pharmacy or retail pharmacy experience is required
- Minimum of 2 years of oncology experience or the completion of a PGY-2 specialty oncology residency
- 1 year of supervisory/eadership experience, required
- MA Pharmacist license in good standing with the board.
Please apply today for immediate consideration! We will be contacting qualified candidates ASAP.