Jackson Pharmacy Professionals
Oncology Pharmacist - Full-Time Contract or Permanent Position.
Oncology Pharmacist Position Summary:
The Oncology Pharmacist is responsible for assisting in the planning, organization and direction of clinical pharmaceutical services and the inpatient setting to achieve high quality standard of care in Oncology related pharmacy services throughout the continuum. This is a new position so an ideal fit will have 4+ years of experience as an Oncology Pharmacist or a PGY2 residency in Hematology/Oncology. BCOP preferred. We are open to candidates with less experience as long as there is a proven background in oncology.
Oncology Pharmacist Description/Duties:
- Provide specialized pharmaceutical services to improve drug usage and therapeutic outcomes for patients.
- Collaborate with the pharmacy managers in developing training and education programs and evaluation processes for Oncology related clinical activities performed by the pharmacist staff.
- Prepares formulary review and drug use evaluations of medications used in Hematology and Oncology for presentation.
Oncology Pharmacist Requirements:
- PharmD and 2-5+ years’ experience as an Oncology Pharmacist or BS in Pharmacy with equivalent oncology experience in lieu of PharmD
- PGY2 in Oncology or completion of a post-graduate fellowship in Oncology, preferred
- NC Pharmacist license in good standing with the board
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- BCOP, preferred
- Must pass required competency exams
- Must possess strong ethical standards
If you are interested, please apply today for immediate consideration!