Jackson Pharmacy Professionals
Oncology Pharmacist - Full-Time Permanent Position.
Oncology Pharmacist Position Overview:
The Oncology Pharmacist is involved with the care of cancer patients at all phases of their treatment; from assessment and diagnosis, to treatment decisions, medication management, symptom management and supportive care, and finally with survivorship programs at the completion of their treatment. The Oncology Pharmacist works with other providers to ensure a current and accurate medication list, select the most appropriate therapy, monitor the effects of prescribed medications, and manage the adverse effects that often accompany cancer treatment.
Oncology Pharmacist Essential Functions
- Safely oversee the compounding and dispensing of chemotherapy and other non-hazardous infusions.
- In collaboration with pharmacy technicians maintain an adequate inventory of medications and minimize drug waste.
- Provide initial teaching for patients starting a new treatment regimen
- Serve as USP <800> advisor and implement strategies to reduce exposure to hazardous medications.
- As the cancer medication expert, provide drug information to providers, nurses and patients
- Work collaboratively with other health care providers to develop, build and maintain electronic treatment plans within the EHR using evidence-based guidelines.
- Provide educational in-services to pharmacy and other hospital staff, and to community health professionals and consumers.
- Represent pharmacy at hospital or medical staff committees as assigned by the Director.
- Oversee patients enrolled in REMS programs, assist with prior authorizations and patient education.
- Implement and maintain oral chemotherapy follow up program.
- This position may be assigned a specific mission to address in an emergency situation to assist in disaster response and recovery as part of the Hospital Emergency Incident Command System. Situations of a critical nature may require an individual to perform multiple tasks until additional support can be obtained.
- Performs functions other than described due to extenuating circumstances.
Oncology Pharmacist Requirements:
- PharmD and 2+ years’ experience as an Oncology Pharmacist or BS in Pharmacy with equivalent oncology experience in lieu of PharmD
- PGY2 in Oncology or completion of a post-graduate fellowship in Oncology, preferred
- CO Pharmacist license in good standing with the board
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- BCOP, preferred
- Must pass required competency exams
- Must possess strong ethical standards
If you are interested, please apply today for immediate consideration!