Jackson Pharmacy Professionals is searching for a contract Pharmacy Technician
for one of our Hospital clients in Los Angeles, CA! This is a 40 hour/week Hospital Pharmacy Technician opportunity that is perfect if you enjoy travel! This is an ideal position if you're looking for a competitive position to learn and develop your skills in a new pharmacy setting. This role is a day shift schedule for the next 3+ months. Weekends and some holidays are required. Apply today for immediate consideration!
Perks of Jackson Pharmacy Professionals:
- Competitive pay and travel package available!
- Medical, dental and vision benefits offered starting your first day!
- 401(K) program
- Responsive and dedicated staff
- Weekly pay and direct deposit
Hospital Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities:
- Greets members at counter or over the telephone, verifies member's eligibility status, and receives prescriptions from members for pharmaceuticals.
- Enters prescription information into computer system and prints labels for use by pharmacist.
- Receives payment according to terms of members plan.
- Selects requested drugs from cell dispenser or counts drugs from pharmacy shelf.
- Attaches labels to container for review by pharmacist.
- Reconstitutes medications by mixing with fluids.
- Calls members to pick-up completed prescription.
- Receives payment for over-the-counter medications and medical supplies selected by members.
- Answers routine inquiries from members regarding health plan drug coverage, prices, and related issues.
- Identifies situations when patient should speak with pharmacist regarding use of drugs and asks pharmacist to speak to member.
- Performs other related
Hospital Pharmacy Technician Requirements:
- 2-3+ years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- CA Registered Pharmacy Technician in good standing with the board
- PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician
We will be reaching out to qualified Pharmacy Technician candidates immediately so if you are interested, apply today for consideration!