Jackson Pharmacy Professionals - IV Compounding Pharmacy Technician
Full-Time, Permanent Hire Pharmacy Technician Opportunity!
Pharmacy Technician Position Details:
Full-Time Pharmacy Technician opportunity that is perfect if you are looking for a challenging new role! This is a great position if you're looking for a competitive position to learn and develop your skills in a new pharmacy setting. If you are a detail focused, caring, and thoughtful individual, this is the position for you!
Pharmacy Technician Position Description:
Pharmacy Technician Requirements:
- Coordinates and schedules the preparation of sterile admixtures and home medical equipment orders with the assistance of the Pharmacist.
- • Completes all calculations on product preparation and obtains validation from the Pharmacist before compounding/mixing.
- • Compounds sterile admixtures and non-admixtures, including but not limited to parenteral nutrition, antibiotics, chemotherapy, hydration and narcotic analgesics, using aseptic technique where state laws permit.
- • Prepares labels, prescriptions and compounding/mixing worksheets and completes and maintains product lot numbers, expiration dates and batch records.
- • Generates delivery/pick slips under the supervision of the Pharmacist. Picks and pulls supplies and home medical equipment.
- • Ensures compounding/clean room areas and related equipment are cleaned, sanitized and maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures and USP 797 and USP 800 standards. Documents all activities on the appropriate logs.
- • Obtains supply inventories from patients/clients and communicates information obtained to the Pharmacist as required.
- • Participates in branch management, department and intra-departmental meetings and quality improvement activities.
- • Adheres to all accreditation, OSHA, FDA, state, local and federal regulations and standards relevant to infusion pharmacy and home medical equipment.
- 3+ years of prior IV/Sterile Compounding Experience
- CO Pharmacy Technician license
If you are interested in this please apply today! We are conducting interviews ASAP!