Jackson Pharmacy Professionals
Director of Pharmacy Opportunity in Omaha, NE! Medicaid Managed Care PBM.
Director of Pharmacy Position Details:
- Full-time permanent
- Open to regional relocation candidates
- Bonus incentive available!
- The Director of Pharmacy is responsible for overseeing Medicare and Medicaid Pharmacy Inquires in the Medical Plan
- Growing health plan with opportunity for growth!
Director of Pharmacy Position Description:
- Establish the strategic vision, objectives and policies and procedures for the pharmacy program in support of the corporate strategic vision.
- Plan, direct and implement pharmacy activities.
- Act as the pharmacy contract administrator for the development and implementation of key contracts and ensure that relevant performance standards are met by vendors.
- Resolve disputes, grievances and complaints involving pharmacy program issues.
- Participate in external accreditation initiatives.
- Participate in relevant boards, task forces, committees, meetings and other activities.
- Manage relationships with key vendors such as pharmacy benefit management companies and pharmaceutical companies.
- Support provider education initiatives such as counter detailing and incentive programs.
- Manage and analyze operating costs and participate in preparing the annual budget for the assigned work function at both corporate and the health plans.
- Review and analyze reports, records and directives, and confer with staff to obtain data required for planning work function activities.
- Conduct statistical analysis of data related to assigned work function, and prepare reports and records on data and the assigned work function activities for management and corporate.
Director of Pharmacy Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree (PharmD., M.S) in pharmacy. 3+ years of clinical pharmacy care experience.
- 3+ years of recent contracting, quality improvement and management experience in a healthcare environment, preferably managed care.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical care and pharmacy benefit management practices.
- Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
If you are interested in this please apply today! We are conducting interviews ASAP!