Jackson Pharmacy Professionals is searching for an Area Director of Pharmacy Services!
Area Director of Pharmacy will assist the Chief Pharmacy Officer of the Northern California PSJH region in the strategic planning, design, operation, and improvement of the region’s medication management systems. Reporting directly to the Regional CPO/Executive Director of Pharmacy, the Area Director will Manage all pharmacy operations in the service area in collaboration with Area Pharmacy Managers and lateral colleagues who serve as Area Directors and Managers in other assigned service areas. The Area Director of Pharmacy will be responsible for improving the medication management system; regulatory compliance for assigned areas within the service area; ensuring quality outcomes through performance-improvement activities; leading drug utilization efforts; optimizing the use of information systems and technology; managing the pharmaceutical supply chain, financial operations, supporting area managers and staff in achieving their goals and human resources.
Director of Pharmacy Position Details:
- Full-time permanent
- Open to regional relocation candidates
- Napa, CA
Area Director of Pharmacy Position Description:
- The Area Director of Pharmacy will also serve the Northern CA region in collaboration with the Northern CA Executive Director of Pharmacy to co-manage an annual Drug spend exceeding 100M in an effort to achieve financial stewardship, optimization of our 340B program, and implement regional medication initiatives.
- The Area Director of Pharmacy will serve as a Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) for 1-2 Licensed Pharmacies within the service area depending on the need. The Area Director of Pharmacy will interface with the Board of Pharmacy, DEA, California Department of Public Health (CDPH), FDA, TJC, CMS, and other State and Federal agencies in order to represent the licensed Pharmacies within the service area assigned.
- The Area Director of Pharmacy will actively manage all Pharmacists, Technicians, Interns, Residents, and Non-licensed Pharmacy staff within the service area.
- The Area Director of Pharmacy will serve as an ambassador for Pharmacy services within the service area and interface with Executive leadership, Board of Trustees, Medical staff, Area Management Team Leadership, Nursing Leadership, and PSJH clinical staff. The Area Director of Pharmacy will routinely prepare and deliver presentations to medical staff committees and the local executive management team focusing on quality, regulatory compliance, medication safety, financial performance, and system and regional Pharmacy initiatives
Area Director of Pharmacy Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in an acute Hospital setting
- 2+ years management experience
- PGY1/PGY2, preferred
If you are interested in this please apply today! We are conducting interviews ASAP!