Jackson Pharmacy Professionals is a leading pharmacy staffing and placement company! We are currently hiring for a full-time Bilingual Pharmacy Technician to join our team for an exciting new Outpatient Pharmacy Technician opportunity! This role requires a candidate with 2+ years of high volume retail or outpatient experience, an active MD license and PTCB certification. This is a great opportunity if you're interested in growing your skill set in a fast-paced pharmacy environment. Apply today for immediate consideration!
Benefits of Jackson Pharmacy Professionals:
- Full benefits offered for full-time employee including medical, dental, vision, and 401(K)
- Competitive pay and significant potential for permanent placement!
- Regular, day shifts hours
- Gain experience in a variety of settings!
Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Position Details:
- Full-time, 40hrs/week for 3+ months
- Opportunity for full-time, permanent hire!
- Monday-Friday, day-shift schedule!
- Strong opportunity for permanent hire!
- Compensation $15/hr!
- MUST be Bilingual (Spanish-speaking)
Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Position Description:.
- Updates patient information
- Accurately prioritizing in take prescriptions and placing them in the correct "Will call" or Wait Bins
- Generates Will Call reports from the pharmacy system and removes the 5 and 10days "Will Call" bags on a daily basis
- Transfer Will Call bags to technicians in charge of reversing claims in the QS1 system as needed.
- Check Refrigerator Temperatures and Complete log
- Generates and orders over the counter medication
- Correctly identify patients using 2 identifiers at check out
- Prepares and runs the Point of Sale Cash register reports, completes spreadsheets and reconciles the cash register daily as needed
- Prepares and scans prescriptions daily for delivery as needed
- Accurately types prescriptions and assists with the counting of drug prescriptions
- Resolves prescription rejections with the exclusion of Drug Utilization Review
- Sends refill requests
- Process refill responses and completes refill reminders or will call reminder calls
- Process returns to the drug wholesaler and check and Remove Expired Medications
- Completes the process for returning medications to the drug inventory (Return to Stock meds)
- Accurately Runs all pharmacy reports( Drug Utilization, End of Day, Register reports, Will call reports)
- Assists with Prior Authorization Process and follows-up with the Clinical team
- Reviews the too soon bin/area and fills the refills on a daily basis
- Prepares and order prescriptions and over the counter medications
- Reconciles the daily delivery tickets upon driver return to the pharmacy site
- Independently replenishes vials and bags
- Retrieves pharmacy orders from the Clinical Departments as needed
- Assists with clerical assignments and duties including but not limited to, filing, copying, and assembling reports, bulletins, and memos.
- Cleans and maintains all areas, not under housekeeping jurisdiction, where drugs are stored to ensure a sanitary, safe and professional working environment.
- Provides support services to pharmacist by answering phones, receiving faxes, prescription intake
Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Requirements:
- MD Pharmacy Technician License in good standing with the board of Pharmacy
- PTCB certification, required
- 2+ years of Pharmacy Technician experience in high-volume retail or outpatient setting
Does this sound like something you would be interested in? If so, apply now! We are conducting interviews ASAP!